Niche Research for Blog

A few of the less common methods suggested that I frequently use to find keywords:

• Searching through reddits relating to the topic and seeing what kinds of questions people are asking.
  • Go to a Wikipedia page about my topic. Then click on the Tools dropdown menu and click on "What links here". This give you a list of all the other Wikipedia pages linking to this one. There are often some great search terms, entities, and semantically related terms in here.
  • Look at People Also Ask questions.
  • If the site has been around for a while, I'll got to GSC and use a regex expression to find all the questions people are searching for that my content is showing up in SERPs for. I'll often find topics and search queries that my content is currently not addressing well because I wasn't really targeting them.

If possible, suggest some uncommon methods to find low competitive keywords. I'm using SEMrush.

Now many reddit and Quora keywords rank on google. Reddit and Quora are strong competitor? How to measure a keyword high or low competitive?

10 hours ago, Nitol said:

If possible, suggest some uncommon methods to find low competitive keywords. I'm using SEMrush.

Now many reddit and Quora keywords rank on google. Reddit and Quora are strong competitor? How to measure a keyword high or low competitive?

I'll let someone else offer advice on that.

I don't really pay attention to competition.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike, I have already selected keywords and your niche research tips help me to do this. But as beginner, I'm facing problem with keyword clustering, content clustering and semantic seo. Would you please give me a complete guideline.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 3:24 PM, Nitol said:

Hi Mike, I have already selected keywords and your niche research tips help me to do this. But as beginner, I'm facing problem with keyword clustering, content clustering and semantic seo. Would you please give me a complete guideline.

I don't think I would ever have the time to put together a complete guide like that, but once you have the keywords, I would use something like Semrush's cluster option or a tool like KeywordInsights.ai. Both do a pretty good job of clustering everything. 

You will still want to go through the results and make any changes you think are appropriate, but both of these options make it a lot easier than starting from scratch and manually clustering everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Keyword clustering almost complete. Now next step is content.  After google update ChatGPT content is safe for blogging.

If I don't use author profile, any issue for this?  Or how will be the about us page of the blog? Any suggestion or example?

• 2 weeks later...